Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Best Men's Watches review of Treehut Watches

I am taking a different approach on this post for the best men's watches blog.  I have basically always done lists, but today I am going to do a personal review on a watch I received for father's day.  It is Treehut.co watch, and so far, I have really enjoyed the watch.

Treehut.co is a San Fransico based watch making company.  They are 20 people who work to make some truly unique watches.  The nature of wooden watches nearly guarentee that every single watch they make will be unique.

They start with the movements.  The movements are Japanese quartz.  (most likely it is a Miyota) but I have no actual confirmation on that.

So, it starts with quality movements, that are NOT made in China, and it moves out from there.  Before each watch case is made, the wood to be used is inspected for quality.  The watches are then cut, and hand assembled.  After which, they are polished and boxed for sale.

If I would have thought about it, I would have included this in my best men's watched for dad's birthday list, but, here we are, two weeks later, talking about it anyway.

The watch case is 1.7 inches in diameter, and is made from wood, of course, it has a steel crown located at the 3 o'clock position, and it has a smooth, raised bezel.  It has a smooth acrylic lens, and the dial face is wood as well.  The hours are marked with carved large ticks, and minutes are marked with smaller carved ticks.  The hands of the watch are black, with a green second hand.  The band is a brown distressed leather type, with a buckle style clasp.

My personal opinion of the watch is positive.  It is extremely light, it almost goes unnoticed while wearing it, it is large and easy to read.  the band is very comfortable, and, being quartz, it keeps perfect time.

The first day I wore, I received several complements about it from strangers.  It wears very easy, and feels like a good day to day watch.  The only concern I have is how well it will hold up to humidity and sweat, so I will probably not be wearing it outside to work in.  But as a office watch, I think it is a fine choice.

Overall, I am very happy with the watch.  I have found it for a variety of prices, but it seems to fall anywhere from 60 dollars on Amazon, to 80 dollars on the Treehut.co website.  At 60 or 80 dollars, it believe it to be a good buy.  I really like the watch and expect that I will wear it tomorrow again.

I have to thank my oldest daughter for the Father's day gift, it is really nice.

See, just like I have said, it is fine if anyone wants to purchase me watches, I would really appreciate it.

Treehut is making some nice products, and I have to say that they have a nice, and unique thing going on over there and I wish them the best of luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment