Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The 5 Best Men's Watches for under 2000 Dollars in 2017

Wow, this blog has come a long way from where I started!  I am now up to over 50 posts.  And we have done this before.  We have already talked about the best men's watches for under 2000 dollars.  I am going to include a couple of watches from the original list, mostly because I love them and they totally deserve to be here.

Everyone has different tastes in watches, and something I worried about a lot when I first started this blog, was how was I supposed to make everyone happy.  Especially if we are talking about thousands of dollars.  That is a lot of money!  At least it was for me.

I decided the only thing I could do was to fine the best men's watches I could find.  Taking all aspects into account.  That includes looks, and hope that some people out there agree with me.  But more than anything, I want to let people experience some brands and models that they otherwise would have never heard of before.

I hope that I have done that.  I hope that I will be able to continue to do that for all of you out there.

The 5 Best Men's Watches for Under 2000 Dollars 




Meister Singer

Perigraph Single Arm
Model: AM1008
Case: 43mm, Stainless steel
Band: 19mm, Leather
Movement: Automatic, ETA-2824-2
Functions: HH, Date
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 50M/165ft

Best men's watches under 2000There is something about Meistersinger, that just makes me happy.  I am putting this watch on this list, for a second time, because it just makes me happy.  Blue face and all, I love this watch.  Seriously, it has one hand!  How can it be any cooler.

Anyway, this watch made the best men's watches for under 2000 dollars last time.  And it might make it again next time if they don't stop making this model.

I am not going to write a whole lot about it because you can go back to the previous article if you want more details about this watch.  All I am going to say now, is I think it is cool and it makes me happy to look at.

You can find this watch all over the place for like 1500 dollars, and I think it is a wonderful buy at that price.  This thing is one of my favorites.  I know I say that a lot, but I just can't help myself when I start looking at some of these watches.



Ball

Engineer Master II Aviator
Model: NM1080C-N5J-GY
Case: 46mm, Stainless steel
Band: Canvas strap
Movement: Automatic Ball RR1102
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date, Day
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 100M/330ft

Best men's watch under 2000Ball watch company is an American company that has been making watches for over 100 years now, and the company was started for very good reasons.

Webb C Ball started Ball watches because he was seeing way too many fatal rail road accidents that were related to time keeping.  If multiple engineers were sharing the same track, they had to know the exact time.  If they could all be on the same time, they would be able to know when each train would reach certain points, and at what time they had to stop and make room for other trains.

Webb C Ball came up with the RR standard, and he made watches to go along with that standard.  And this forced other American watchmakers to keep up with him.

Ball is still an American company, but they are now located in Switzerland.

Wow, I totally just rambled, but the Engineer Master II Aviator was on the original best men's watches under 2000 dollars, and I believe it is one of the best watches around.  I love the Ball name and what they mean to American history.



Smith & Bradley

Atlantis Pro
Model:
Case: 44mm, Stainless steel
Band: Stainless steel
Movement: ETA 2824-2
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 200M/660ft

Smith and Bradley has been on the best men's watches a few times now,  I love what these guys are doing. They are making some quality watches with a military look and feel.  They are doing it in a way that makes them recognizable to me as a Smith and Bradley.

The Atlantis Pro is no exception.  I am not the biggest fan of dive watches, but I love this one.  I think it has a great look.  It has a 44mm stainless steel case and a stainless steel bezel.  I like the look of the bezel, it has a different look from what I am used to in a dive watch.  The dial face is black with tick marks to signal the hours and a upside down triangle to mark the 12 o'clock position.  The watch has a liberal amount of C3 superluminova on the hour markers and the hands.  The band is stainless steel, and a tri-fold style of band.  The lens is sapphire, and it is extra thick for strength.

I love the Smith and Bradley lines of watches, and this one definitely deserves to be acknowledged, the watch can be had off the Smith and Bradley website for 1750 dollars, and I think it is a great buy at that price, you are getting an American made watch from a company that is working really hard to make really nice products.




Tag Heuer

Carrera Calibre 5
Model: WAR211C.FC6336
Case: 39mm, Stainless steel
Band: Alligator
Movement: Calibre 5
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 100M/330ft

Tag Heuer has not been on The Best Men's Watches Blog. I have no idea why, but they have never made an appearance here.  They are a old company that makes great watches, and they are exactly what I like to look at on this blog.  I originally had a hard time with Tag Heuer because they were not just Heuer anymore.

Originally Uhrenmanufaktur Heuer AG, the company was founded by Edouard Heuer in 1860.  Edouard Heuer was a very impressive watchmaker.  He had his first chronograph patented in 1882, and in 1887 had the oscillating pinion patented.  Something that is still used today in some mechanical chronographs.

Heuer was bought by Tag group in 1985.  And later, in 1999 had a majority purchase by LVMH.

Currently Tag Heuer makes watches and is still very involved in automotive racing.  They have several nice time pieces, and several nice movements that they utilize in their line up of watches.  Again, I am not sure why I have not given them more love.

The Carrera is a classic looking 39mm stainless steel cased watch, with the crown located at the 3 o'clock postion.  The bezel is thin and the lens is a sapphire.  There is a date window located at the 3 o'clock position and it uses tick marks for the hour symbols.  The dial face is black and it has an alligator leather band, with a buckle style clasp.

Generally speaking, this is exactly what I am looking for in a Sub-2000 dollar watch.  In fact, if you look you might even be able to find this watch for under 1500 dollars.  But I would expect to pay 1600 through most retailers.

I think it is a nice buy at that price, and would not hesitate to suggest it.



Baume & Mercier

Classima
Model: 10334
Case: 42mm, Stainless steel
Band: Stainless steel
Movement: Sellita SW200 Automatic
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 50M/165ft

Baume and Mercier have been on the best men's watches blog quite a few times.  It really is no big surprise to me that they are making it onto one of my lists again.  They make nice watches at reasonable prices.

The Classima is no exception.  In fact, it is very possible that I have already written about this watch, but at this very moment, I am being lazy and would prefer not to go searching for the review.  We ill just go ahead and make a new review!

So, the classima is a automatic movement dress watch, made of stainless steel, and sporting a nicely sized, 42mm case.  The crown is located at the 3 o'clock position.  The crown is fairly low profile.  The bezel of the watch is smooth and thin, giving you a very large dial face.

The dial face is white, with Arabic numerals on a very outer ring, indicating the minutes, at 5 minute intervals.  There is a inner ring or Roman numerals to mark the hours.  The dial has a date window located at the 3 o'clock position and it has blue watch hands to give the watch a little pop.

The band is a 3 link, stainless steel band with a tri-fold clasp.  It is a nicely styled band, and I think it slows well with the rest of the watch.

On the Baume and Mercier site, this watch has a retail price of 2400 dollars.  But you can find this on other sites for a much better price.  More in the range of 1700 dollars.  And, at 1700 I think this watch is a really nice buy.



Wrap Up

For one reason or another, I had a really hard time with this list.  Finding 5 men's watches for under 2000 dollars was way harder than I had expected.  Even though I had done it before.... Repeatedly.  

But I did it, and I love the watches on this list.  My favorite being the Meister Singer, just for the uniqueness, I love the blue face and the single hand style.  The Ball watch is great, and I would hope to own one some day.

The Smith and Bradley, I think, is one tough looking watch.  It looks tank-like.  And both the Tag and the B&M watches are classy luxury watches at really good prices.  

I think you would be happy with any of these watches. 

Thank you

0 comments:

Post a Comment