Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Best Men's Watches for that Perfect Christmas Present

Christmas is still more than three months away, but I think it is as good a time as any to talk about Christmas presents for your favorite man in your life.  Personally, I think watches are a wonderful choice for Christmas presents, and I do not know how anyone can think different...

Really though, if you have a man in your life that likes watches, and you would like to add to his collection, I would like to give you a couple options for possible Christmas presents.



The Best Men's Christmas Present for under 50 dollars




Seiko
Series 5 Sports
Model: SNK809
Case: 37mm, stainless steel
Band: 18mm, black leather
Movement: Seiko Calibre 7S26 Automatic
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Day, Date
Battery: N/A
Water resistance: 30M/100ft



I have been unashamedly pushing this watch since I originally found it a few years ago when I started my watch love.  I think it is a fantastic watch, especially for the price.  I do cheat and call this an under 50 dollar watch, but it is actually more like 55-60 dollars.  It is well worth breaking the budget.  It is by far one of the best watches you can find for the price.  

It is a Seiko 5, and it is in the field watch style.  This particular one is black, but they do make multiple colors.  I believe green, blue and cream.  There may be others, I am just going by memory at this moment.

You can find the specs for this watch all over this blog.  I am pretty sure I have written about it at least 4 times.  It is a great watch, it is a automatic movement, and it is a Seiko.

All that make for a nice daily wearer.  It also makes for a great Christmas present for anyone who likes field watches or Seikos.  It is a great entry point for either.



The Best Men's Christmas Present for under 100 dollars





Citizen
Drive
Model: BM6980-08E
Case: 42 mm, Stainless steel
Band: Black leather
Movement: Japanese Quartz (Eco-Drive J165)
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Day
Battery:
Water resistance: 100 M/333 ft.

Citizen, like Seiko, is another one of the great Japanese watchmakers.  They have been making timepieces for over 100 years, and have carved out a nice spot for themselves. They are really big on the solar power movements, and they do a great job with them.  Eco-drives are in nearly all of their watches, and they are great.  No winding, no battery replacement, no ugly solar panel on the front of your watch.  They really do make a nice looking watch.

The Drive watch here was covered previously in my Best Men's watches under 100 dollar post.  The one for 2017.  I really like the looks of this watch.  It is clean and easy to read. 

I think this makes a great Christmas present for under 100 dollars.  It gets someone a Citizen watch, which is usually not a possibility for under 100 dollars.  It gives them a watch that should last a lifetime and more.




The Best Men's Christmas Present for under 200 dollars




Orient
Starfish Classic
Model: FEM7J00AW9
Case: 42 mm, Stainless Steel
Band Width: 22mm, Leather
Movement: Orient Automatic Calibre 46943
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date, Day
Battery:
Water resistance: 50 M/165 FT

We are on a Japanese watches roll right now!!  Seriously, I think this will be the last one.  But I have to tell you, like Seiko, I think Orient makes a really nice watch, and I like that they are not a company that has started purchasing movements from ETA or some other company.  They continue to produce their own in-house movements, and they continue to make a really nice watch.

They are owned by Seiko now, but they still seem to be their own entity.  I like Seiko a little more, as a whole, but for the right price I would definitely own a Orient watch.

While the Orient Star watches are some of my favorite watches, the Starfish is a nice entry point into the Orient watches.  I believe that whoever gets this watch will be pleasantly surprised. 

It is another automatic watch, it has the hour, minute, second, day and date, it has a leather band, and a nice, clean look to it.  I love this watch for under 200 dollars, and think it would make a great Christmas present.



The Best Men's Christmas Present for under 500 dollars




Jack Mason

Nautical Automatic 42mm
Model: JM-N103-001
Case: 42 mm, Stainless steel
Band width: Leather
Movement: Mechanical Self winding
Functions: HH, MM, SS, Date
Battery:N/A
Water resistance: 100 M/330 ft

I am quickly becoming a fan of Jack Mason watches.  They are an American watch company that I have recently stumbled across.  This watch in particular was talked about here on the best men's watches for under 500 dollars.  I think they have a cool look to them.  A little Mid Mod, a little retro.

They do not make their own movements, but I do think they are using quality Miyota movements.  I think that any Dad would love to own a watch like this.  That they would like the looks and the idea that they are made in the USA.  They have several different watches to choose from, but the prices do vary.  I would recommend you check out the Jack Mason website for yourself thought.  You might be pleasantly surprised.



Wrap up

All these watches have made my lists before.  I love them all and I will probably talk about them again.  If you do not like the watches you see here, I would recommend you look at the specific price points you are looking for.  I have plenty of watches listed at under 50 dollars, and 100 dollars, and 200 dollars, as well as 500 dollars.  And higher, if you have a bigger budget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment